Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have some antique or vintage furniture, home decor, and

Customer Question

Hello. I have some antique or vintage furniture, home decor, and costume jewelry and am wondering the best way to get appraisals and to eventually sell the various items. I've attached one picture of a 5 piece bedroom set. Can you provide an appraisal value and some guidance on steps I should take to sell my many items?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the rest of the set you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,

Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Here are pics for the rest of the set
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Excellent,

Thank you very much for sending over those photos.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

From what I can see in the pictures your bedroom set is mid 20th century reproduction based off of late 18th and early 19th century designs that include Sheraton, Hepplewhite and Empire influences.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

This is a common component of American furniture constructed in the mid to early 20th century, as nuances from these periods were in favor with many buyers who owned old pieces their families handed down.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you were to attempt to sell the set yourself using a local listing or a craigslist ad, a realistic fair market value would be somewhere in the(###) ###-####SD range.

In a retail shop you could as much as double that value. Which is why I would recommend a possible consignment of the furniture to a local resale shop if you are having trouble selling the set yourself.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Furniture can sometimes be a burden to ship or to move which makes it tough for a private seller to sell it on their own.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

The consignment, though you are paying a fee, would enable you to get a higher price and not have to worry about shipping costs or moving the pieces.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your bedroom set .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Frank. I have questions about the service offered. I have a number of decorative home items and antique costume jewelery. What is the best way to use your services? For the jewelery for instance, do I need to submit for an appraisal piece by piece?
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

For that number of pieces I would recommend using a monthly subscription, it would be the best bang for your buck. You would need to open a new question for each item or set of items, Lets say you have a matching set of rings, earrings and necklace, that would be a a part of one question.

Thank you again for any feedback you can leave for my service today.

Frank