Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have just inherited a few interesting antique silver

Customer Question

I have just inherited a few interesting antique silver crystal pieces that I would like to find some information about. The most mysterious is a balloon style crystal pitcher with an embossed silver rim. It is quite beautiful, about 15cm high and 16cm
wide at the handle, and although it looks and feels like sterling and lead crystal, I can find no makers mark anywhere. The silver rim extends about 2.4 cm down from the top and covers the top part of the handle. The emboss on the silver is shallow but not
etched. It is tiny and shows three figures - two men on either side of a woman holding a wine glass and dancing with possibly a woman in the middle holding what could be a beer stein. On either side of the scene are flower embellishments. The same emboss is
on both sides of the rim between the spout and handle. The glass is clearly blown with a few small bubbles visible with close inspection. The vertical cuts are shallow (not etched), about a mm with 4 lines together, then 1 with about 8mm separation following
the contour of the glass. Without a maker's mark, how can I find out where this piece came from and how old it is? If I had to guess, it looks German to me and my ancestors were German, but lots of cultures drink and dance, so I hope you can help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I do think this is the same one that I answered this weekend for you. Would you like me to close this question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I thought I had.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

It will time -out if neither of us responds here and that will close it.