LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a couple of antique furniture pieces I am trying to

Customer Question

I have a couple of antique furniture pieces I am trying to get some type of estimate on. Can you help if I send pics?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. The Duncan Phyfe ofa is valued at 1600.00 Your sofa looks to be in excellent shape and has the arm pillows which is a great thing. Very nice thank you for sharing the piece and if I may of further assistance please dont hesitate to ask. Thank you again for coming to justanswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the appraisal on this piece. I actually had one more piece, an antique chair, but it would only allow me to attach one pic. Would it be possible to appraise the chair as well? My mother actually was a seamtress/upholsterer and reupholstered both pieces. The chair actually had the original fabric underneath the new fabric with June Carter Cash's name on it. Would this increase the value if it belonged to her I assume?

Hi thank you I will do the chair here also however the policy is one item per post so you know for future postings. Is the June Carter Cash name a signature? You would need to have it authenticated as a signature to get any value of the name being on the chair. the chair is beautiful and valued at 225.00. This is without anything to do with the June Carter Cash tie. It would only go up slightly if you could prove it did belong to her. You may try going thru old photos of Cash and see if you can find the chair with her. that is another way to tie the chair to her. If it is hers the value would be 300.00-350.00 It looks to be in excellent shape and your mother did a great job in reupholstering the pieces. Thanks for sharing these They are nice pieces.