Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a pair of. mahogany corner china cabinets that I

Customer Question

I have a pair of James B. Henderson mahogany corner china cabinets that I purchased at an antique auction. I was wondering what their value might be?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning Iwona,

My name is***** have been buying and selling furniture since 1970 and I can help you with this.

The pictures of the table are great! . The James B Henderson Furniture Company was located in Washington DC in 1903- to the mid century. They were considered a higher end furniture maker at the time.

These are Federal style prominent in the early 1800s. They would sell for $300-500 each at auction and on the secondary market and insurance value is $2000 for the pair.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wayne,Thanks for the fast response!I guess I did all right - I paid $250 for the pair. Would really like to find a matching buffet or chest but have not been able to discover a model or name for the design.Chris Palmer***@******.***(###) ###-####
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

I think any Federal style mahogany buffet, chest or table circa 1920-1950s could work with these.

Thanks,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,