LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

How much would an antique Florence Rotary sewing machine

Customer Question

How much would an antique White Florence Rotary sewing machine complete in cabinet be worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. Here is a link to the history on the company. http://ismacs.net/white/white-sewing-machine-company-history.html These were the machines to have because they would last and could sew through any material and do basically anything a seamstress needed to do. In todays market the value is 150.00 to 175.00 They are very common however your photo shows you have the cabinet and it looks to be in great shape. For yours I would say 175.00 would be a value fitting to sell at. The machine alone sells for 30-50.00 in todays market. It all depends on where you are and if people are interested in using it or for decoration purposes. Many are used just for decoration. Thank you for coming to justanswer and if I may be of further service please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would be interested in selling it, how do I go about that I live in the Cleveland Ohio area

Hello, The best places would be to try a sewing company, seamstress shops, a higher end antique store could possibly consign the piece. You could advertise the machine on etsy.com also which is a vintage and art store front. I would not recommend craigslist for the item as it is a nicer machine. I would say to try consigning the machine first at an antique store. Cleveland is a larger city and may have a greater chance at selling faster then in an outter laying town. Thank you for sharing this and if I can be of further help please don't hesitate to ask I am happy to help you.

Hello, If I may be of further assistance please let me know and when you have a chance please rate my answer so I may be paid for my service. Thank you