LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I am looking to buy this. It is a 1 out of 1 charcoal sketch

Customer Question

I am looking to buy this. https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/bulger-davis.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1 It is a 1 out of 1 charcoal sketch of Whitey Bulger's Conviction from a private dealer, and it is one of the images that has been circulated through the media on a massive scale. I am told that it has been appraised at $10,000 by the owners of Pawnstars and they have invited the individual owning it to be on the show. However, the price he is asking me for is $2500, so the discrepancy makes me doubt the value. Please provide me with an appraisal.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for coming to justanswer. My name is***** am one of the appraisers and would be happy to help you. From what I understand the dealer told you it was appraised by the owners of Pawnstars. Unless you have the actual appraisal papers that state that I would be leery of the value given. Also, be leery of the invitation to be on the show. I know several people that have done reality shows with items in hand and it is more for entertainment then for real value. I would say the $2500.00 price is the actual value of this charcoal sketch and on the high end. There is no real known value to a piece of this nature and he was a mob member not a famous person per say. I would say a realistic value for a sketch of this nature would be $1200-1500.00 on the secondary market in todays standard. Unless this is something you feel you really have to have for sentimental or collector stand point for your collection, I would say it will not be worth investing in. If I may be of further service please let me know I am happy to help you.

Hello, please let me know if I may be of further service. Thank you and when you have a chance please rate my answer so I may be paid for my service .