rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a sterling silver flatware set. Made by Burton. The

Customer Question

I have a sterling silver flatware set. Made by Burton. The pattern is Preludes. Only missing one teaspoon. Probably made early to mid 1900s. Looking to get an approximate value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The Prelude pattern with floral tip and heels was made by International Silver in 1939. I think someone took the set out of the original wood box and put it in this BURTON aluminum box for storage as there is not a Burton silver company and I recognize this pattern as being the IS Prelude pattern. This looks to be a service for 8. This set has a value of $700 scrap silver value and $1300 to $1500 as antique sterling flatware.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about your set? If not, please click the stars to rate me and to close out this question.