rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Can I send a picture of the stamp on the bottom of what

Customer Question

Can I send a picture of the stamp on the bottom of what appears to be a vase made of silver ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please also send one picture of the vase by using the ADD FILES button in the lower right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's what it looks like
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a silver plated sugar bowl from a large tea set in shape 1415 made by Meriden Silver Plate Company in the 1880 to 1900 time period based on the stamp and the aesthetic period styling. This is Quadruple plated silver, meaning that it is base metals of nickel, zinc, copper and other alloys then dipped in a wash of liquid silver four times. By comparison, sterling silver is 92.5% silver throughout. This piece has a current value of $15.00.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about your piece? If not, please click the stars to rate me and to close out this question.