Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a 1956 (?) Magnavox 'The Brittany' black and corner

Customer Question

I have a 1956 (?) Magnavox 'The Brittany' black and white corner console TV. Dimensions are 36" wide, 26 1/2" deep, 58" high. The exterior is in decent shape, no dings or dents, but there is some wear to the wood finish. The TV powers up but does not display the entire screen. It shows the top 2/3 of the picture. The speakers seem to work. I do not have an antenna hooked up so I don't know how much the set will pick up. I'd like to know what this set is worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

These old console TV's are seeming to come out of the word work these days. You can find your circa 1956-1957 Magnavox "The Brittany" Black and White console TV in a retail antique shop for anywhere from 200-250USD. Generally people are looking to repurpose the cabinets as opposed to watch the TV's, most times the old tubes have been damaged and can cost an arm and a leg to replace if at all.

If you were selling the vintage console TV yourself in a place like craigslist, you my be looking closer to 80-120USD, with the exterior cabinet still in what appears to be pretty solid shape.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage Magnavox Console TV.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to follow up with you on your question.

I hope the information I left for you was helpful in your research.

If you can accept my answer and leave feedback for my service it would be very much appreciated, as this is how I am credited for my time with the company.

If you have any future questions, I would be happy to help with any antiques or collectibles you may need information for.

Thank you for your time,

Frank