rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an ornate footed plate with a maker's on back with

Customer Question

I have an ornate footed plate with a maker's mark on back with crossed hammer and pick? on heartshaped crest...handpainted birds, butterflies, bees, flower branches on surface of plate with U-shaped cutouts approx. 1/2 inch from edge of plate. Has a number on bottom 2682. Any idea where this is from and is it worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is the mark of Fischer and Mieg of Pirkenhammer, Bohemia (Germany/Austria). This mark was done in green or red from the years of 1887 to 1920. Some refer to this type of porcelain as Pirkenhammer also. A footed plate would be a cake stand or dessert stand and the open areas are called "reticulated edge". These were painted in a Dresden style of floral bouquets, birds and insects. This type of plate was made by this company as well as Dresden, Schumann, Carl Thieme and others. This piece has a value of $175 to $200 dollars

Please do click the stars to rate me and to close out this question.