LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a variety of items I inherited forty years ago and as

Customer Question

I have a variety of items I inherited forty years ago and as I'm getting old myself I need to evaluate and dispose but not yet willing to just give away or donate as I don't even know if they are of any value. One of them is this
English grand father clock by John Ellicott
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you on this. You have a beautiful clock. As you have stated you know of the maker John Ellicott (London, 1706–1772), was an eminent English clock and watchmaker of the 18th century. This clock was done in the late 1600s early 1700s and the value in excellent condition would range 15000.00 to 18,000.00 The photos show it to be in great condition I can not say excellent as I can not inspect the piece. If it runs, and the clock has no damage it would be considered excellent condition. If you are looking to sell this clock I would advise to take close up photos of the face and wood, overall photos of the front, sides and back, and photos of the weights and pendulum. Send them and the information on how it came to you as you stated above to Christies Auction house. They would give you the widest range of customers looking for a clock of this type and you would be able to obtain the best value. If I may be of further service please let me know. Tanya

Hello, please let me know if I may be of further assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Unbeknown to me my wife had already made an appointment with a certified appraiser recommende by our insurance co and whose research and follow up assessment was quite close to yours. Very impressed by your service.

Hello, thank you for the update. That is nice to know we were close in our evaluation. I travel extensively for speaking engagements and performing appraisals so I do try and keep up on research and learning. If I can be of further service just let me know as I do pride myself in helping customers first and foremost. Thank you again.