Michelle
Michelle, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience as an antiques dealer, collector, researcher, columnist and journalist.
52213563

1948 Lane cedar chest, Style 02208, S/N 848060, All original

Customer Question

1948 Lane cedar chest, Style 02208, S/N 848060, All original warranty and other printed labels still attached to interior door, interior in good condition, exterior is original worn condition. , The current OEM replacement safety lock has been installed
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of you particular cedar chest you may be able to send?

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

EMAIL:

You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frank, I cannot locate your answer to my question. Please reply with answer.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

Were you able to send a photo of the cedar chest?

If not I can work from a description of the style of the piece itself.

Thanks very much for your time,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frank, I emailed pictures yesterday. In fact I had to send two emails because the site could not accept all pictures on one message.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

The photos can take a day or so to get through. I will keep an eye peeled for those photos.

They should come through late tonight.

Thanks again for your patience,

Frank

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Those photos never made their way though.

Is there a chance they went to the wrong email?

Another common problem is that when people send through pictures they do so in a very large file size which can make it near impossible to make its way through.

If you can resend in a smaller file size that would be extremely helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
frank, you mentioned you could evaluate without the photos. I'm about ready to pull the plug on you. please respond
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

I never received the photos.

I would be happy to opt out of the question and open it up to our other experts who may be able to help you without the photos.

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the delay.

Frank

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I can assist you with your question without photos.

You indicated that the exterior is in worn condition.

These chest had a great deal of veneer on the outside and a great deal of the value is the aesthetics of the chest.

If there is no lifted or missing veneer, deep scratches, stains that will not come out or other severe damage your cedar chest would sell for $250-$300 USD If the condition is very good with minimal wear the value would increase by $50-$70 USD.

Value can vary depending upon the the venue and region in which it is sold. You will get the higher prices in a large city or metro area and the lower prices if in a small town or rural area. If sold online through a non-auction venue you will realize the best sale price.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about your cedar chest. I am here to fully respond to your question based on available information.

Thank you, Michelle