Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

I have a bronze figurine of a tiger fighting a

Customer Question

I have a bronze figurine of a tiger fighting a crocodile/alligator. The piece sits on top of a carved out tree root specifically made to hold the bronze piece.
Any idea on value and time period.origination woudl be most helpful.
I can send photo
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your wonderful tiger and crocodile group. Thanks for the excellent photo, I can see exactly what you have.

Can you very kindly look under the belly of the crocodile and see if you can see a square foundry mark seal and another mark close to it. If you can get a close up photo of this, that would be excellent. There may also be another smaller square mark under the chest of the tiger.

Also, how long is the piece roughly.

Many thanks and wait to hear,

Robert