Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have an inherited tea(?) set that has crossed swords that

Customer Question

I have an inherited tea(?) set that has crossed swords that look like an lopsided H and 589 on the bottom. They also are marked "underhill". Can you help me identify?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like value on this set for insurance purposes. Set has tea pot and lid, sugar and lid, creamer, tea cups, and sandwich plates itc.
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

One of my specialties is identification of silver.

I think I know what you have; but, to give the best answer possible, I would like two clear photos.....

One of the set and one of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a phone that enables me to send photos. The marks are in white under white or clear glaze and are very difficult to read with out a flashlight and a magnifying glass. An antique dealer today told me the set might be Meissen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is heavy gold trim and the lids of the sugar and tea pot.. The tea pot spout has heavy gold trim down the spout. There is a leaf trim on the sandwich plate.(platter).

I really need photos to see what I am assessing.

Unfortunately, I cannot find an accurate answer for your question. I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.
I want you to have the best answer possible. Please do not rate me down because I released your question. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.
I am very sorry.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for an answer to my query