Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have an American Case Desk 1900 Double Roll Top Desk Oak

Customer Question

I have an American Case Desk 1900 Double Roll Top Desk Oak exactly like the one posted on your site. I am curious as to its value and how to best sell it. I am downsizing my home.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of your particular desk you may be able to send?

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

EMAIL:

You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frank..I uploaded the photos on 10/12/15 and sent them via e-mail. Have you received them? I have reattached them here.
***** *****(###) ###-####
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hey Shirley.

Thank you for getting back to me.

So here's the skinny on your roll top desk produced circa 1904-1910, your roll top desk would have been manufactured in Salem, Ohio by the American Case and Register Company.

In excellent condition your quarter sawn oak desk would have a retail antique shop value of 2500-3200USD based on both the condition as well as the regional demand.

In the current market these huge desks can be had for much less, however this desk is a little bit different as it was manufactured by American Case and the name helps it go a long way.

My recommendation for sale of the desk would be to first try internet resources such as Etsy.com and Rubylane.com. These can sometimes be a tough sell online because they are so difficult to move, but it is still definitely worth a shot.

If worst comes to worst and you are struggling to find a buyer you may want to look at a local consignment with a brick and mortar antique shop.

They may have an easier time selling on site and removing the shipping costs.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your antique roll top desk .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to follow up with you on your question.

I hope the information I left for you was helpful in your research.

If you can accept my answer and leave feedback for my service it would be very much appreciated, as this is how I am credited for my time with the company.

If you have any future questions, I would be happy to help with any antiques or collectibles you may need information for.

Thank you for your time,

Frank