Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I was given some beautiful pieces of furniture from a

Customer Question

I was given some beautiful pieces of furniture from a neighbor who is now in a nursing home. There are nine pieces, Table that extends from both ends, six chairs, a hutch, and an armoire. I have searched for a manufacturer, however the only markings I have found have been a series of numbers. The armoire shows 328-4-D, the hutch 328-11-D and the chairs, 328-7 H289. This furniture was in their basement for at least 65 years that we can account for. Any help you may render , I wiould appreciate. Dave Peddle, Auburn Hills, Mi. (###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave,

I would be happy to help you assess your furniture set. For the most part, number series do not always yield a lead to the maker. Valuations are then based on the style and materials as well as the general market interest in terms of decorating. In general, a Mid-Century Modern circa 1950 9-piece furniture set has a value of $2000 - $3000 on today's market. I can definitely weigh in with a more substantial estimate by seeing images of the pieces in your set. Please send photos at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for sharing more photos here.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora