Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

PAINTING, artist still living. Name of painting: LADY

Customer Question

PAINTING, artist still living. Name of painting: LADY VENEZIA, artist is Edgar Barrios,Peruvian. Size is app. 30 x 36 inches. Was in a Fort Lauderdale gallery in the last year. Can you give me a good estimate of its worth, selling price, etc. Thanks, David
PS: Painting is unframed. Also have certificate of authenticity. Gallery was MASTERS OF FINE ART, oil on canvas, condition is excellent.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
telephone: (###) ###-####
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
take your time Doris, no big rush. Customer

Thank you. I'll have an answer for you after about 30 minutes of research.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's fineDoris. Let me know when you are ready. Ptahotep

"Edgar Barrios Ortiz was born in Tacna, Perú in 1960. He developed an interest in art that lead him to enroll in the Escuela Nacional de Bellas Artes del Perú (ENBA) from which he graduated in 1990. He explored and studied different fields of the visual arts such as craftsmanship, batik, Folk art, macramé, leather embossing and ceramics painting. In 1989 he was awarded the Honorable Mention at the Escuela Nacional de Bellas Artes. After years of exhibiting art in his native Peru, his name became a trademark of fine art. Years of hard work paid off with the development of a unique and vibrant style, full of emotion and overflowing with talent: he reached the full and mature art level that characterizes his work today. From then on, his masterpieces paved his way to international exhibitions.Barrios vibrant colors, Music, Clown, Circus, Harlequin and Lovers characterize his world.and his romantic scenes, transport us to a forgotten enchanted place: ancient Venice. His precise use of light, bring his characters out of the canvas giving them life in an otherworldly reality. His knowledge of different kinds of craftsmanship made him the ideal portrayer of a naive medieval Venice, Italy rich in exuberant colors, textures and fabrics. One look at his art and the wonderful world of Edgar Barrios will take hold of your imagination to never leave."

When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.
We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.
Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.

Using this standard method, I was able to determine that your 30 x 36" painting by Barrios has an estimated auction value of $5400.

In this case, I was able to locate some retail prices as well. Again, using the standard square inch method, I was able to determine a retail value f $8,143 assuming excellent condition.

If you wish to sell close to retail, try the following:

Selling art:

The internet has your widest pool of buyers. To sell close to retail try the following -

I suggest the you try artbrokerage.com selling

https://www.artbrokerage.com/help/selling-art

Plus try ads on sites such as

http://www.rubylane.com/art

http://www.askart.com/Ads_Individual.aspx

https://www.artnet.com/auctions/all-artworks/?utm_campaign=bannerad&utm_source=080514auctionsevergreen&utm_medium=link

http://www.artvalue.com

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

11 Oct 2015, 12:36 AM

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris