Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have 3 oil paintings on canvas with gold leaf frames from

Customer Question

I have 3 oil paintings on canvas with gold leaf wood frames from my mother. One of the artists is Whitlam measuring 44.5x32.5" with frame. the largest one is 55.5x31.5 with frame and the 3rd is 43x31. They are all nature scenes and very similar although the other two are by different artists.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Your vintage original landscape paintings date to the 3rd quarter of the 20th century, 1950’s - 1970’s.

They are by what is known as an unlisted artists, meaning one that does not sell at auction for fine art collector and investor purposes, but a painting that is more intended for decorative framed original wall art for the home, hotel or lobby setting. Oftentimes, the artist’s name that is on the painting is fictitious and they painted in factory settings in Mexico and China. They were sold in decorator shops, furniture show room stores and department store furniture sections.

Your vintage framed oil paintings would sell for $150 - $350 on today’s market. They do get offered for higher on online auction sites, but the realistic sales prices are lower than asking price. The suggested insurance, or replacement value is $425 each.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora