rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I was curious on a price Avon Estate Vtg 14K Yellow Gold

Customer Question

i was curious on a price for an Avon Estate Vtg 14K Yellow Gold Diamond Pearl Filigree Award Pin Brooch Pendant. they want $600 i offered $350. its small maybe 1.5 inches with a diamond in the middle.15K and 20 Akoya pearls circling it. very pretty.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I know of this Avon pin. These are not Akoya pearls, but cultured pearls, meaning that they are not real. The weight of this pin is a little over 6 grams or .64 pennyweight of 14k gold which is valued at $28.00 for the gold. The diamond is .12ctw which is very small and only worth $80.00. The added vintage jewelry value brings you to a total of about $130- $150 retail value for this pin. Please don't waste your money!

Please do click the stars to rate me.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer. Did you have any other questions or concerns about this piece? Please do click the stars to rate me and to close out this question.