Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I bought a table in Namibia several years ago. It has

Customer Question

I bought a table in Namibia several years ago. It has interwining 3 legs which the round top sits on, when splayed out to fit. The top has a fluted edge and carved top. The top measures 2'7" and 22" tall. I have no idea what the wood is but it is a heavy solid piece.
Thanks Annie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Thank you for the information and photo.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Doris,I asked a question Friday /Sat morning, i have yet to received an answer. This was my second time using this site. The first time, perhaps a year ago yielded the same yet my credit card was charged for no answer, i did send e-mail about this but you still kept my payment.I hope you will do the right thing and reemburse both charges, im sure you're company will or should have records of these transactions.I'm very disappointed and will not be visiting this site again.Annie

Annie,

We verified professionals are not employees of the site - Just Answer. As a result, we have no knowledge of or control over the site finances or charges. I am sorry you have had two bad experiences.

I did research your question about your Nambian table and determined a retail vintage store value of $1600 assuming a few repairs. I checked back through my notes and found this answer I had researched.

I must apologize profusely. I have not been well and just plain forgot to get back to you.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

For a refund on your previous question, you can do the following -

Site Trouble -

This is what I have been told by representatives of the site:

"Customers can experience issues with the site, their computer, their knowledge of how to use the internet, etc.

Anytime a customer is having trouble with the site, please indicate to them that they can go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance. They have an option in the upper right corner for contacting the Customer Service department via email, chat, or phone. Customer service is trained to assist them, and to report any customer-facing issues that may be site-related."

Or phone -
US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Address for customer support.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,

Doris

I hope you will be able to work things out with the site.

Kind regards,

Doris

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris