Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a platter that is signed with a number under the

Customer Question

I have a platter that is signed with a number under the signature. How can I find information about origin and or age of the platter?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I would love to help. I will need to see a picture of the platter pattern and a picture of the signature to let you know what you have. You can do this by using the ADD FILES button in the mower right of your screen. I will finish my answer when I see pictures and can do a little research for you.

Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

From my research, I was able to determine that your Nambian table is probably mahogany and has a retail vintage store value of $1600-1800 assuming some repairs.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris

Dear Customer,

I am so sorry that I mixed up your question with this one. This mistake is entirely my fault and not that of the site or Rarewares.

I should not try to answer questions at 5AM. I am still half asleep.

Please do not rate Rarewares a negative.

She is a good appraiser who is anxious to help you.

Again, the mistake was my fault - the result of just a click of my mouse.

Kind regards,

Doris

Rarewares will take over now.