Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

We have 4 Weiman dining room chairs that were left when we

Customer Question

We have 4 Weiman dining room chairs that were left when we moved into our house. Would love to know how much they are worth. They look like carved wood. Don't know how old they are?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising furniture for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. These are circa 1990 Faux Bois French for "false wood," faux bois is a fitting name for items that appear plucked from the forest but are actually made of carved wood, cast stone, cast iron, or cement, or are painted to have a woodsy look. Although earthy and rustic. Your chairs are interesting as they have a rustic log look mixed with Louis XVI French style. These would sell for $100-200 each at auction and insurance value is $350 each.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,