rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pair of pair point lamps. Each lamp is double

Customer Question

I have a pair of pair point lamps. Each lamp is double shaded with frosted glass and painted with a black sailing ship. Each lamp is approximately 18 inches tall and 9 1/2 inches wide. The base is round and 5 1/2 wide. They have a metal base and column with a gold tone appearance.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add a photo of the lamps and of any marks indicating Pairpoint. You can add pictures by using the ADD FILES button in the lower right of your screen.

I will finish my answer once I have seen photos.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pair point. Triangle with a P in the center. D3094
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Base number D3094 is one of over 300 base styles used for lamps made by The Pairpoint Manufacturing Company of New Bedford, Massachusetts. The 3094 is stamped below the classic Pairpoint P mark that is found inside a diamond (not a triangle). These are the circa 1910 student lamps with lacquered candlestick base. This pair of lamps have a value of $300 as a pair. While some Pairpoint lamps bring thousands of dollars, not all are stars. The single column lamps with elaborate reverse painted shades are the valuable ones.

Please do click the stars to rate me.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer. Was there anything else about these lamps that you had a question about? If I have covered it all, please do click the stars to close this question.