Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a full set of 12 of pristine Rosenthal china studio

Customer Question

I have a full set of 12 of pristine Rosenthal china studio line variation collection signed by Tapio Wirkkala including chargers, dinner plates, salad plates, coffee cups and saucers and various serving pieces. I know the market is terrible but also know these are very rare.
How do I find an appraisal for these that I can trust? I live in Boca Raton, FL. Also am I crazy to sell them now?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please let me know what serving pieces you have. These can add as much as 40% to a set.

I also need a photo of one of plates plus a cup and saucer. Finally I need a photo of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry had to go through boxes for all the serving pieces. Also included stemware for review. I also need so pictures reviewed. Do I need to put in a new question in or just send the pics to you? It won't let me add the pics where it says add file. Please help.

Please send your photos the email method.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:
Please follow the questions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to,***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with
Just Answer,so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer
techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris