rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a painting of a landscape signed at the bottom Wannon

Customer Question

I have a painting of a landscape signed at the bottom Wannon is this significant
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello there, I have a painting that I inherited from a relative I noticed on the bottom left signed Wannon which after further research it says a painter by the name of Louis Buvelot painted several landscapes of this sort from the 1800's. Please let me know anything including value of this particular piece...thanks,Paula
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also is this one of Louis Buvelot original paintings or a reprint or replica???
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a painting by an artist that signed W. Annon. This is a 20th century painting, the technique showing that it was created no earlier than the 1960's. W. Annon was not a listed artist and this styling and technique is considered of low quality in terms of art (not to insult your family member). It was also common for paintings that were mass produced in factories by slave labor and imported from Asia to have a 'faux' signature of a non-existent person. This particular painting has a current value of no more than $75.00.