Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

BSC GRAPES AND LEAVES SILVER ON COPPER COFFEE/TEA SET 1977

Customer Question

BSC GRAPES AND LEAVES SILVER ON COPPER COFFEE/TEA SET 1977 FROM DAVID ORGEL BEVERLY HILLS, CA
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I need two photos please.

One of the set and one of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

I used to live in Bel Air and visit David Orgell....a fine store. Silver is one of my specialties.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doris, sorry I have not replied until now.....had a procedure done and not feeling quite up to it........I will have to see if I can get a family member to take pictures of my coffee/tea set, probably won't be for a few days.......due to my medical issues I have no use for this set and no one in my family wants it either.....I also have 3 other trays and 6 silver plated coblets.....will see if I can get them to do that for me......I have not rated you as yet because I do not have an answer since I have not supplied you with enough information......thanks for your patience....Nora D. Rodriguez

Nora,

I just got out of the hospital myself. I certainly do understand.

There is no rush here. Take your time.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doris the pictures I sent you did not go through.....don't know why, after several attempts it says unable to forward.....
***@******.***

Live Phone Calls -
Unfortunately, I do not take phone call requests. To give the most accurate answers, I most often need to do research. I cannot talk on the phone and do research at the same time.
Besides, you may not realize that Just Answer charges you extra for the phone call service.

Just Answer has an email photo service but it does take longer.

Please send your photos the email method.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:
Please follow the questions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to,***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with
Just Answer,so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer
techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doris,Just wondering if you have any news on the appraisal?
***@******.***