Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Sewing Machine- it is black with gold filagre -

Customer Question

I have a White Sewing Machine- it is black with gold filagre - pedal powered- inside a desk with three small wooden drawers on each side. There is a crossbar with the SM Co on one cross bar and White on the other cross bar where the pedal is located. can you give me a feel for the value of this machine? i have pictures i can share, thank you!
(###) ###-####
shannon
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
.
The White Sewing Machine, Black with Gold Filigree, original base, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-800.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glenda your email said you need more info is that rue? What else do you need? Thank you! Ss
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

No, I did not send an email stating that. I can only assume the just answer site sent that to you, an automated email message. I answered your question for you yesterday. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Here is your answer again.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Hi, I'm just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda