Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

I have an old hand craved side table,and was wondering if i

Customer Question

i have an old hand craved side table,and was wondering if i should get this redone or leave it alone..i dont know anything about the table,except i love to look at it,LOL..john
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your beautiful carved table.

Could you attach a clear close-up of the carved detail on this piece, so I can get some idea of its age, also a photo of the back would help greatly.

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i wanted to know anything about my TABLE and if i should get it worked on???
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the extra photo, John, I'm beginning to see what you have but will need a sharper image, if possible, before I can be of any use to you. It looks like this piece is painted, correct?

Could you also attach a photo of the back so I can get some idea of how old it is.

If it's an antique, I would not recommend doing any work on it as removing its original patina will detract from its value. However, I can't really tell yet what the patina looks like. It looks like the top might have some marks, correct? A clearer photo of that would be a great help too.

Many thanks and wait to hear.

Robert.

PS. Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal or answer from me that you are happy with. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer, ignore them, they are automatically generated by the site (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back and forth and information gathering) and don't come from me. Thanks, Robert