Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a few paintings. Needing to know if they are

Customer Question

I have a few paintings. Needing to know if they are authentic and how much it is worth
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's three more artworks for authenticity and value. They're all about the same size and all have the appraisal certificate just like on the picture.
Thanks,
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

We do one item per question, and I am not sure what you need exactly? You mention you have an appraisal certificate, if you have this what are you needing authenticated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Glenda,
The appraisal certificate was done in the 80's I would like to know how much it's worth now and who the artist are? I also would like to know who the artists are and a bit of their background. Thanks!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Is the artist not listed on the certificate? If you cannot read the name on them, we cannot read it and have no way to look up the artist in the data bases, for artists.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The artist's names are ***** ***** certificates. It is also visible on the paintings itself.
The forest picture was painted by Carl Madden.
The small seascape was by Caladrino.
The one with the ship was by Preston Willis. All these small paintings are about 8x10 and seemed to be done by oil because they are embossed.
The large Seascape one does not have a certificate and it is not embossed. The signature showed as Vernon Kerr.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

We do one item per question as I explained above. If you like I can do the Carl Madden art work on this question then you can post a new question for each of the other pieces. If you would like to do this, I need to know what size this is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please the size is 8x10
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am not sure what you are replying " Yes, Please " to. I did not ask you anything. I let you know earlier that we do one item per question, if you would like to chose one of your paintings in order to get a value I would be glad to help you with that one, then you can ask another question about each of the other ones.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glenda,
This is getting really frustrating! :( I responded to your message on 10/8: "We do one item per question as I explained above. If you like I can do the Carl Madden art work on this question then you can post a new question for each of the other pieces. If you would like to do this, I need to know what size this is?"
Again my response was- yes, please give me the information/value for the 8x10 Carl Madden. Thanks,
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I understand it is frustrating, it is on my end also. I think our responses to each other were over lapping and getting mixed up.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
.
The Carl Madden h 8 x 10 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $350.00-425.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Art Gallery or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda