Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have several, fairly-expensive antique pieces (ranging in

Customer Question

I have several, fairly-expensive antique pieces (ranging in documented value from $2,000 - $5,000 ea.). Given that 1) some are large & heavy; 2) some involve detailed, inlaid woodwork that is really only appreciated fully by personal viewing, what is your suggested method(s) to sell? I have tried to approach local antique shops (I live just outside of Philadelphia, so there are many of them) - the problem is in either the fees they assess, that items will be on consignment (so I really haven't any clue as to how they will be marketed), and primarily that most shops don't handle high-end antiques. Your advice?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

Are you wanting to know how to sell your items?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Given that 1) some are large & heavy; 2) some involve detailed, inlaid woodwork that is really only appreciated fully by personal viewing, what is your suggested method(s) to sell?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I made that clear. I am a bit concerned that you seemingly assessed a fee higher than the balance that was owed (the fee actually exceeded the limit to which I agreed online). At this point, I have received no advice -merely a question that I felt was implied in my question - and this has taken 4 days. I thought I would receive direct, helpful advice and/or recommended dealers/buyers with whom I should work. Again, if this is extent of help (or esample of the limited help I can hope to get, I just wish to cancel this & get all charges refunded). Thanks.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Glenda