Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

We have two artist proofs by Crionas. One is The Tout and

Customer Question

We have two artist proofs by George Crionas. One is The Tout and the other is Wall St. Journal. They both are in the original matting and frame. They are both signed in charcoal pencil by the artist and his hand writing at the bottom also shows Artist Proof and the title.
The Tout is showing on one website for $10,000 and another sold on ebay for $10,000.
The Wall St. Journal is unlike any other picture with the same title as this version shows two clowns. We know both are rare but have no idea on value and where we can sell these.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I'll send them tomorrow.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

That is fine - send over images at your convenience.

If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is The Tout. Sorry for quality issues but I only have my cell phone. Need to get batteries for my camera today.. I'll send over the other picture a little later.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. I will await the additional photos at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still haven't got my camera working but so as not to delay, here is the Wall St. Journal. We know this one is rare as it has two clowns. I think I accidentally added The Tout...you'll know the difference as it has one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checking on the status....
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The last image attached is not opening here for me. I will not be available until tomorrow, so in the meantime, I will opt-out here and open your question to all the experts again at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here on this conversation thread. You do not need to relist your question.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand as all of the images are from my cell phone and are opening on my computer just fine. I'm sending them all again. As a reminder to anyone else picking up this question, the picture with one clown is The Tout. This is a different piece than the one called the The Touts and is rare. It sold on ebay for $10,000 and is listed on another site for that same amount, no negotiation. The Wall St. Journal has the same name as another of his pieces BUT this one has two clowns and is very rare as well. I'm hoping to get a valid appraisal or idea of the value of both. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is going on and when will I have an answer. Nora bailed out and no one is picking up this question. I've resent all pictures and they open fine for me. We are waiting...please!