rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have several China dishes with the manufacturer seal Meito

Customer Question

I have several China dishes with the manufacturer seal Meito China made in Japan printed on the back, in a blue crown with gold trim, and V2192 printed on them. Are they worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is porcelain from Meito China (actually the Nagoya Seito Sho Company) of Nagoya, Japan from 1950 to the 1970's. V2192 is the pattern number and should look like the photo I have attached. These pattern had only pattern numbers and no names.

The average prices for this china in this pattern are;

$10.00 each fordinner plates

$5.00 to $7.00 each for salad plates and small bowls

$15.00 per set for cups and saucers

$35.00 each for table serving pieces

$20.00 each for platters

Please do click the stars to rate me. A positive rating triggers the site to compensate me for my time and knowledge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much, this was extremely helpful, a little pricy for one question. 4 stars.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

You have to physically click the stars in the upper right of your screen to rate me (or I get nothing for my time) and close the question. I do not know what they charge you and that is not what I get paid- you are rating on my service and not the price of the service, just to be clear. I work for the site but not AT the site, if that makes sense.

If you have items in the future, please ask for rarewares at the beginning of a new question.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I wonder if you had any other questions about the set. Please ask for rarewares if you do have more items that you want to know about.

If we are done, I really need for you to click the stars so that the site will give me credit for answering your question.