AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

Large" oil painting on a 16"x40" panel. Framed with a double

Customer Question

Large" oil painting on a 16"x40" panel. Framed with a double inner & outer gold leaf (over white chalky substance) frames. Inner frame very ornate, out to out measurement; 23"x47"with 16-7/16"diameter perfectly round holes. 2 - 7/16" holes in each corner at 45 degrees. 2 - holes between the corner holes, perfectly centered. All equally & perfectly sized & spaced. The outer 1/2" thick x 3-1/4" width outer flat frame, out to out measurements; 25"x49" also, with some thin ornate detail to match inner frame. All, the 16"x40" panel art, inner very ornate frame, 23"x47" with the 16 - 7/16 diameter holes & the outer 1/2"x3-1/4 width frame, 25"x49" are made to fit precisely together perfectly. In the panels lower right corner in all capital letters; WM. H. Black with a short 7/16" horizontal attached to the top most upper right end of the W (part of the signature) with a smaller capital underlined M. under this short 7/16" line of the W. You need to use a little imagination here. It's signed in black oil. The oils in the painting are heavily applied. The subject matter is of a large cottage with an orange burnt orange roof with a brown chimney., green shutters & reddish flower boxes below the 7 windows. The left front & right rear corners is covered in heavy autumn foliaged trees. There's a woman wearing a bonnet, ankle length dress & apron in the right foreground. she is caring a walking stick in her right hand & a harvest basket on her left arm. She is walking to the left of a rough buggy trail between it & away from the cottage. There is a pretty wide creek with reflection of the banks trees to the left of the of the cottage with a bridge in the back ground along with rolling pastures beyond. There are 5 small birds in flight over the bridge. It's a very autumn looking setting. It's quite unique & "Beautiful"!! The art panel is perfect however, the frame is rough. Send me your email & I'll in return send pictures. Please help me in this matter. Thank You in advance. Sincerely, ***** ***** Bryant ***@******.*** Hm. Phone:(###) ###-####
Cell Phone:(###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

While I greatly appreciate your very detailed description, appraisal guidelines require that we see a photo, both an overall of the painting and a close-up of the signature.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Sincerely,

Jennifer