Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have what we think is a PL Limoges France vase but it is

Customer Question

I have what we think is a PL Limoges France vase but it is really hard to read the mark. How can I go about verifying if it is indeed one? It has what appears to be tomatoes on vines.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the request here. I will be happy to help confirm what you have, however only one image attached here of a view of the vase. If you added a photo of the mark, it isn't showing on my end. At your convenience please attach a clear, in-focus, close-up of the maker mark and the height of your vase too.

There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that. Here is a pic on the mark, you will see why we are having a hard time with this.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the image. This is indeed an early 20th century porcelain vase from Limoges, France. The green mark of PL over Limoges, France is for the maker "Porcelaine Limousine". They were active from 1905 - 1930. The vase would have been produced as a blank, or a 'white ware' then exported to other countries. They were purchased as blank and then decorated by ceramic painters, whether amateur or studio. If done in a studio, there would be a second stamp on it, thus yours was painted by a hobbyist. The design is actually of crab apples with leaves. On today's market, expect a high sale average of $100. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $225.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora