Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a and canvas OLD TOWN my parents purchased second

Customer Question

I have a wood and canvas OLD TOWN canoe my parents purchased second hand back in the late 60's. The inside of the canoe is in very good shape but the canvas needs to be stripped of its current paint and repainted. Whatever information you can give me about
this canoe plus where would I go to find out the proper way of stripping and repainting the canoe so we can use it again.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I can tell you this is an early 20th century canoe. The Old Town brand is desirable and these wood construction canoes sell for $3000 - $4000 at auction. In terms of restoration and repainting, though, that is not my area. I can open your question again to all the experts to see if someone can weigh in on that for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate very much if you would open the question to all the experts. I enjoyed using it in Northern Minnesota in the 70's and would love to canoe in it again.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora