Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I am trying to see if an old Japanese doll in a glass case

Customer Question

I am trying to see if an old Japanese doll in a glass case has any value . . . I believe it belonged to my grandmother, and may date back to around World War II . . . the back of the case has two stickers . . . one says "DOLLS & TOYS YOSHITOKU Asakusabashi Tokyo" and the other "Registered Trademark MADE IN JAPAN". The doll in the case is a young Geisha carrying a pole with 2 water buckets.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Your doll dates to post WWII, circa late 1950's at the oldest.

Here is a link for you to a comparable (not exact match) of a doll in glass case that was also made by Yoshitoku that sold for $24.56:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/yoshitoku-japan-porcelain-geisha-girl-434832799

and another that sold for $20:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-japanese-yoshitoku-doll-glass-485117904

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora