Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have my mom's antique 2 story wooden doll house (either

Customer Question

Hi, I have my mom's antique 2 story wooden doll house (either Schoenhut or Strombecker) 6 rooms, open on one side, with green roof and glass windows from 1930s, and lots of wooden furniture, chimney on either side of roof. Can you tell me if this valuable? Thanks. ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as you can maybe see - this house has green wooden shutters around windows with diamonds on shutters and brown window panes in glass windows -
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Janet,

Whether Schoenhut or Strombecker, your 2 story vintage 1930's wooden doll house would sell at auction for an average of $500 - $700 on today's market. If furnished, the auction sale value can be as high as $1500. If interested in selling the best method would be through Theriault's Auction, as they specialize in dolls. You can also contact them for free through their website to enquire about identifying the maker. Here is the link for you to their website:

https://www.theriaults.com/contact-us

In addition, if you would like to attach more photos here of details of your doll house, I will be happy to look over more images for you. There is one photo attached here of a front view of the house, though it does expand to a much larger size.

There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora