Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I would like to know the value of my Weller; Sicard, Vase,

Customer Question

I would like to know the value of my Weller; Sicard, Vase, Art Glass, Leaves & Berries, 5 Inches in length?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

On today's market a 5" Weller Sicard Art Glass vase in Leaves and Berries pattern would sell at auction for an average of $600 - $800. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1500.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been that the resale value is $1200 to $2400.a huge difference. Your service is disappointing.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Retail asking prices on the secondary market and actual sale prices at auction do vary significantly. The estimate quoted to you here is based on actual past sale records at auction. An asking price at retail and a sale price at auction are not usually the same. With that said, you can ask any price you please on any item you own, the key is finding a willing buyer at your price point. In addition, the market on these dropped precipitously from 2007 to 2008 and has not recovered. You can double check my findings by contacting Rago Auction House for free to enquire about an estimate. Here is the link to their website: https://www.ragoarts.com/contact/ and here is their contact information:

Rago Arts and Auctions
333 North Main Street, Lambertville, NJ 08530
Phone:(###) ###-#### ***** Fax:(###) ###-#### ***** Email: *****@******.***
Office hours: Monday-Friday 9-5 pm

~Nora