rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a set of dishes that are at least 80 years old. they

Customer Question

i have a set of dishes that are at least 80 years old. they are royal york, pattern is firenze. the dishes showing online at replacements, ltd are just a little different than the ones I have. My grandparents got them as a wedding present. how do I get their value or appraised? thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a picture of the pattern on one plate and of the mark on the back. Let me also know how many pieces are in your set and which pieces you have for example, 12 dinner plates, 12 soup bowls, etc. You can add pictures by using the ADD FILES button on the bottom right of your screen. Add one pic, then send and do that again to send another.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant seem to send the files any suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
figured it out, need to write something in the reply box and then hit send lol
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I got your photos, thank you. This is the Firenze pattern by Royal York of Germany from the 1920's. I wanted to see pictures to be sure since you said that the pattern was a little different. This is because in this pattern, each plate in a set of 12 had a slightly different bouquet in the middle. Here are the values for 8 dinner plates, $240.00 and 8 salad plates, $80.00. More pieces would be valued at an average of $10 to $15.00 each.