Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I was given a beautiful antiqued church artifact.three

Customer Question

I was given a beautiful antiqued church artifact.three sections of golden mysteries. I saw one exactly like it in the alter of a church as a background only bigger.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This beautiful artifact was given to my son who passed away last year and he gave it to me because I have statues of saints in my home and he thought it would fit in. It is all wooden and I the inlay is gold. I love it and would like to know what it would appraise for.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will be happy to help assess this for you. In order to do so properly I will need to see images and know the dimensions. Please send photos at your convenience. There is not an additional charge here to send pictures.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I send picture and it was to someone else and now I have you ? Not that I mind but, if a man was the one I send the information too, why was it routed to you? The size is about twenty three inches long and it is all made out of it seems one piece of wood. Looks like it was carved. You cannot charge me for information I requested and have not gotten. I noted that it was stated that the reminder of the 22.00 was going to be deducted from my card. Where is my appraisal I paid for. Please , just give me a rough estimate of the value of this piece. It seems like it belonged in a church at one point in time. It is very old but very well preserved.. Please get the pic I email and give me a rough estimate or just give me a refund because I am not getting anything for my money as of yet? Thank you..
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to provide a proper answer, I will really need to see images of the item in question. If you would prefer to work with a male, then I will concede and opt-out here for you - just let me know.

If you posted images here, they did not attach. You can try emailing your images to*****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My apologies . I did not mean to offend you in any way. I just wanted to know how much this would appraise for? I know it is authentic and from a church or monastery. I am not too good at sending pictures but I will send them to you and I would appreciate you giving me an appraisal. My husband has prostate cancer, and if we have too we will sell it if need be. I will send you pics as soon as possible. my e- mail is (***@******.***.)Thank You for your help.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will look forward to images at your convenience and absolutely no offense was taken here :) I am sorry to read of your husband's prognosis.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora