Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a Arthur Bunchett painting on dated 1922. The

Customer Question

Hi I have a Arthur Bunchett painting on wood dated 1922. The painting has a inscription of mount Provost on vancouver Island. Is this of any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Can you please confirm the artist name, as there is a listed artist by the name of Arthur Burchett though none with the last name Bunchett. If by Burchett, the value would be in the range of $600 - $1000 at auction, depending on the size and mastery of the image. You are welcome to send images, and it does not cost extra to do so.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora you are correct it is burchett. How would I sell it? Thanks Liz
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Liz,

The best way to sell your painting would be through an auction house in or near your area that offers artwork.

This auction house, though not in Canada, has sold Burchett's work in the past:

Dreweatt Neate, Newbury (Donnington)
Donnington Priory
RG14 2JE Newbury
Berkshire United Kingdom
+44 (0)1635 553553
*****@******.***
www.dnfa.com

There are also several other ways to sell your painting. You can go through a local antique shop or local auction houses. Pawn shops are good for an outright cash sale.

A shop takes in inventory to sell for a profit, so they will offer you a percentage of the price at which they may be able to sell to a willing buyer someday.

An auction house will take a percentage of whatever the end sale price may be.

Another option would be to list your items on Craigslist yourself at a fair price. Craigs is free and they do not take a fee, so that is where you will make the most out of the end price. I do suggest, that if a buyer contacts you through Craigs, that you meet them at an agreed upon location - I do not recommend letting a stranger meet you at your home.

Online auction options would be Ebay, Etsy & Amazon. Though bear in mind, those options involve packing and shipping.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora