Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a few items from the 1800 hundreds, I'm looking to

Customer Question

I have a few items from the 1800 hundreds, I'm looking to possibly sell them . I am wondering what's the best way I can find the value.
My name is*****
Email***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know what the value is of the item I sent, also best way I can market item to achieve the best value ?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Karen,

This is an antique Miner's Brass Lantern, used by coal miners when working underground. The bottom 'caged' area where the flame of the light is would originally have been cased in glass. On today's market, expect to garner a high of $700 - $1200. The best place to offer this for sale would be through an Ebay auction. It is where the most people would go to look for such an item. If you were to sell this to a dealer, they generally offer 10% - 30% of lowest perceived sale value, and thus I do not recommend that route. However if you were to offer direct to collectors, you can ask whatever you please. Here is a link for you to more links on an antique mining collector website that features people who collect artifacts and objects from that area of work:

http://www.eurekamagazine.net/eurekamagazine.net/Links.html

For additional items of which you seek information, I only assess one object or matched set per question.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora