Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Requesting a quote "Order of the Falcon Medal"

Customer Question

Requesting a quote for an "Order of the White Falcon Medal"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the request. In a preliminary search for comparables, the medal with falcon is a "Saxe Weimar Eisenach Order of the White Falcon civil division First class Knight's badge in silver-gilt and enamels" and one sold for $822.10:

Here is a link for you to that sale record:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/saxe-weimar-eisenach-white-falcon-453957764

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nora. These badges look similar but differ in some distinct ways. The tips on the red enamel are different, the top where the badge hangs to the crown is different, and the shape of the red enamel area looks slightly different. I'm no expert but the worthpoint badge doesn't look like any of the other Order of the White Falcon Medals that I located on military website due to these details. Again, I'm no expert but can you help to explain why they are different?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The medals are a bit out of my realm or expertise in terms of knowing the significance of the difference of the details, to be honest. I can refer you to dealers and auction experts who may be more equipped to answer this for you. As well, I can opt-out here and open your question to all the experts.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nora. Let's see what the other experts might add to this discussion. If you have a dealer or auction expert you would recommend that would be welcomed. I've seen gold versions of these medals start at $3,500.00 - $5,000.00 on ebay, that look very similar to mine but evidently have 14kt gold hardware at the top.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

For these, I recommend you contact Stephen Wheeler in the UK. Here is the link to his website: http://buymilitarymedals.com/

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. Opening the question is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nora