Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

A wool army blanket from the CCC camp F-636 at West Plains,

Customer Question

A wool army blanket from the CCC camp F-6(###) ###-####36 at West Plains, MO
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture on my IPhone but no way to get on this I-pad....if there is a phone or e-mail I can send it to. It is the label on blanket. Somerset Mf'g Co. Rarotonga, New Jersey, U.S., Contract Jan. 16, 1918, No. War Ord. E.T. 484. My #.(###) ###-####
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the blanket you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent picture to you with the # ***** on it and have not heard back..... JJ Truesdsle
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi JJ,

I apologize as I have not received the photos of the blanket.

Did you send them to***@******.*** ?

Would you be able to send the photos again?

If not can you give any indication of the condition are there any damages, moth holes, adverse smells?

Thanks,

Frank

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for sending over that photo of the tag. The initial name is ***** ***** throwing me a bit, Rarotonga that you had in the initial inquiry, the tag had the name Raritan, New Jersey.

In any case, your 1930's era gray wool Army blanket would have a current resale value of 35-45USD in good to excellent condition. What most collectors are looking for are the pieces that made their way overseas to warm a soldier and came back, but they would still pay for the vintage wool blankets that are moth hole free and in good shape.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You for all of your patience.

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.