Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an antique piece of ivory. It's a Japanese statue

Customer Question

I have an antique piece of ivory. It's a Japanese statue made of ivory. Fairly large and heavy. In trying to find ito value and who may be interested in it.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's obviously got mold/mildew on it. Depending upon its value I may want to have or professionally cleaned. Not sure where to send it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Auto-correct messed up my spelling. I'm trying to find its age/value/origin/etc. Where to sell it if possible. Where to have it cleaned because of the mold/mildew. And anothing else of interest. It might be Chinese actually.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This is molded polyresin made to look like ivory, otherwise referred to as 'faux ivory'. The 'blackening' along the details is not mold, it is purposefully there. If you would need to clean more of the surface, this can be done in mildly soapy, warm water. On today's market this can sell for up to $40.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora