Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a punch bowl and stand 8 saucers and eight cups

Customer Question

I have a punch bowl and stand 8 saucers and eight cups (single stem) the punch bowl says Limoges france and has the initials E.a.S. on the bottom the cups and saucers say C A France on them. It is decorated with berries and edged in gold paint....what can you tell me about it? The punch bowl is 14.5 inches in diameter
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the saucers and single stemmed cups are also edged in gold and match the bowl. The gold edging extends down into the interior of the punch bowl and the cups with very fine black decorations on it
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Porcelain punch bowl on stand sets with cups from Limoges, France sell for $2500 - $5000 on today's retail marker.

C.A. stands for C. Ahrenfeldt and your set likely dates to circa 1905. The initials, E.A.S. if painted on by hand, would be for the person who decorated the set. Those initials are usually not able to be traced.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora