Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have art work that I need to be appraise but I can't

Customer Question

I have art work that I need to be appraise but I can't figure out the signature. Can't read it. The pic is 1920
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.

What is the size?

At your convenience, please send photos.

A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to send u more pictures. The size of the picture is 28 3/4 x 36
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent a video
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent photo of the back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo of signature
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture of signature
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. I am currently trying to decipher the signature. I will certainly let you know what I come up with for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to decipher the signature on your painting for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. ....Do you know what the appraisal amount for the photo just by looking at it.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Are you seeking an insurance value or potential sales estimate?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both please. Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Based on comparables, and artist identification notwithstanding, the suggested insurance or replacement value is $3000 and the sale estimate can be in the high range of $800 - $1200 on today's market.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the artist name could be identified could it be worth more?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The value could potentially be higher if the artist is identified and is of some repute. However, determining the artist name is ***** ***** guarantee that the value will be higher.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will someone still get in touch with me if they identified the signature on the painting. Because I haven't heard from anyone.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts. However, opening the question is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

~Nora