Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I need to find a value bronze, antique chandelier. It is

Customer Question

I need to find a value for a bronze, antique chandelier. It is possibly Baccarat, definitely rare, and potentially valuable. It hangs in the formal dining room of a regal home in an area where a high-end chandelier would not be uncommon. It may merit a more extensive expert appraisal. Beyond having an idea of potential value (or lack thereof), I'd like to be more familiar with this piece's potential age, origin, and style. Have comparable pieces been sold or appraised? What is a reasonable estimate of value?
It it has 16 lights, with 12 exterior lights and 4 interior lights. It measures 32" in diameter, 42" from ceiling, as currently configured. A lower section or crystal basket was probably removed to give more clearance over the dining table where it was hung. It has very unique goat heads with long, upwardly twisting horns at the top, from which long chains of crystals are suspended.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order to help properly assess what you have it will be necessary to see images of the chandelier. Please send photos at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry- I'd given up on a reply. What types of pictures and/or other information do you need?The Chandelier was installed in the 70's, but, judging by the construction, seems older than that. It was hung in the dining room, where the homeowners entertained frequently, as a focal point. The room's walls are fully upholstered in Fortuny fabric, to give you an indication of the setting. I can't imagine, given other elements in the home, that the homeowners would have "skimped" on the chandelier.I am remodeling, with more contemporary decor, but I want to make sure that this beautiful piece finds a home that will appreciate it.Here is a pic of the goats at the top. When I need to take it down, have it cleaned, and crated but I'd like to know what I'm dealing with first.Relative to condition, it seems perfect. Just dusty. The long strands of crystals, which I believe to be Baccarat, appear to be quite old. They are held together by little metal hooks. In an online auction, bought one long strand of antique crystals (from Russia) that (at least claims) to be old Baccarat and they match perfectly, as if they were original to the chandelier.Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora