rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have some very old antique handprinted baskets ( small in

Customer Question

I have some very old antique handprinted baskets ( small in size)
Id love some information as to how to see them and their value.
Appreciate it!
Heidi in Santa FE New Mexico. (###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide pictures of the baskets?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - Please see attached photos - I have several small handprinted antique baskets - I think they're from Germany
I hope you can educate me as to the value and hopefully direct me to the right person to sell them.
Thanks for your help, Heidi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
additional photos.... thx heidi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here ya go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some different ones - Small without painting- fabulous condition
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 40-60$ for the smaller basket and 70-100$ for the bigger ones. It's impossible to specifically say when they were done without a manufacturing mark or label. However, I can date your baskets as being manufacturer in the middle 1900s.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Please, your rating is required to finish. Kindly use the star system located upwards to rate my answer!

Thanks