Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

My mother has 2 chandeliers ( one 3 light and one 5 light)

Customer Question

My mother has 2 chandeliers ( one 3 light and one 5 light) as well as 2 wall sconces which were brought into the Kent Auburn Valley (Washington state) at approximately the time electricity was brought into the area and were used in my grandparents home and then my parnts home. I have photos available of the pieces and am interested in getting more information on them.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

We do one item per question. If you would like for me to help you with this one I would be glad to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please. The photo attached should be a 5 light electric chandelier. Let's start with that piece.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Is this where you can look at it to see if it has any marks to indicate a maker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be back at the house this weekend and can look for markings on it & take photos if I find any. I should have the info before Monday. Is there anything else I should look for or get closer images if for you while I'm there?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

I can see this pretty good from the image. If you can just look for any markings that would be great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll send you the information after I go to her home this weekend.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you